Thursday, November 29, 2007

Big White Barbie Does Daegu - Episode 2

The original plan had been to return to Busan on the last train, around 11:40 pm. I actually left for Daegu thinking that this was a really good idea. I was hung over as Hell, only slepy 5 hours, and didn't forsee myself lasting until the 7am train. I clearly overestimated my ability to make intelligent choices after a few drinks. My train of thought probably went something like this:

Rebecca turns to the people beside her "Wait... wait... you mean that people are actually going to go to the bar after this thing? What an idea! Yo, Ann! Want to, like, hang out here a while and stuff?!" I'm painfully predictable, really.

I would like to blame the entire thing on my friend from university (Rick), whom dropped at least two drinks my way when I wasn't looking. Sadly, they were not roofied, so I have to bear at least some of the responsibility here. Maybe next trip there will be roofies. Cross your fingers for me.

The first stop after the event for Ann and I was Rick's apartment. Rick had to stop off at his apartment prior to heading to the bar so that he could drop off his soap. You see, a lot of bathrooms here tend to use bars of soap rather than hand-soap dispensers. Needless to say, this is more than just a little fucking gross. I'd rather lick my hands clean than touch those bars of soap, but that's just me. Most people either suck it up and use the damn soap, carry their own hand sanitizer, or just don't bother at all. Rick takes things to the extreme by carrying his own bars of soap everywhere that he goes. He takes OCD to a whole new level. It's impressive, really. Almost as impressive as my ability to make up tall tales on the spot! Soap was actually one of the raffle prizes, which Rick happened to win 18 of. I haven't the faintest idea whether or not he usually carries around his own soap, nor do I intend on asking.

After making sure that the soap was safe and sound, the three of us made way for the "main street" near Rick's apartment in the hopes of finding a cab. This was quite possibly the lamest "main street" that I've seen in Korea so far. We had to wait 5 minutes for a cab! There is always a line up of cabs waiting just for me near Minam Junction, so this blew my mind. 5 minutes! For a moment, I thought that Korea was broken.

Our first stop "downtown" was some bar called Somethingorother. There were people in and stuff, but we didn't stick. I was too busy hugging posts outside or something to really care if we went to another bar, but Ann and Rick seemed to think that finding other people would be a good idea. Whatever. I was quite happy with my inflatable post (at least a couple of my favourite bastards from back home read that line and thought "some things never change!" Pricks).

Somehow I managed to seperate myself from the post just in time to end up in some bar called MonkeyswithSTDs, or something quite like that. I'm itching as I write this; probably just an unfortunate coincidence. Regardless, I decided that this was a good time to start feeding Ann beer. I'd already passed her my shot of Jag and watched her down vodka from a random 26er that a perfect stranger was carrying up the street... what was a little beer going to hurt? Her sense of balance, apparently. I later got a lecture on not going shot for shot with Korean women, as these sort of things tend to happen. If anything, I actually did her a favour. Thanks to her lack of balance, she took a break and got some fresh air! And she didn't come into work Monday sporting an uncomfortable itch. Coincidence? I think not. I'm a real pal. Always taking one for the team and such.

A couple of the people we were with bored of MonkeyswithSTDs rather quickly and wanted to jump. I would have happily contracted random STDs all night, much like I would have gladly stayed outside and hugged inflatable polls all night, but as I'm a team player and all, I decided that I fould follow suit and join the bar hop.

What followed MonkeyswithSTDs was, in order: random bar, kimbap restaurant, random bar, Burger King. Rick wimped out sometime around Kimbap restaurant time. I somehow managed to carry a drink from the first random bar, to the kimbap restaurant, and then to our final bar. One of the people that were with us was giving me a hard time about it. As I explained to him, I was comfortably rocked. I can't sully my reputation as an all-night-party-machine (now my favourite bastards back home are looking at each other in confusion and wondering how on earth I determined myself to be worthy of this moniker) by drinking beyond my limits! I am a responsible party animal, damnit! Drink until you're having a blast, then nurse the night away. That's my mantra and I'm sticking to it. Don't even think about offering me a shot of Soju.


Blah... then some other stuff happened. I'll post the rest tomorrow, damnit. I'm long winded and need to get out of here. The people at my PC Bang like to jack the heat every time I come in. I think that they're trying to get me naked. Apparently they didn't get the memo that coffee and a hot room are not the key to a girl's pants.

1 comment:

Leena. said...

It's not just Koreans trying to get you naked.

Admitting to wanting to be a belly dancer, teasing nudity, and getting wasted all the time.

Show your goods already.