Saturday, January 31, 2009

Thanks, Kloggers

In exchange for my bailing on Monday's trip to Gyeongju, my friend Diana passed along the message that Zen Kimchi had nominated Big White Barbie Does Busan for one of the The Golden Klog Awards.

(While neither of these things actually had anything to do with the other, and they didn't even happen in that order, I see no reason that my penchant for exaggeration or rampant fact manipulation ought to stop now)

I bailed on the Gyeongju trip, not because I'm a total dick, but because I was busy being sad and eating Burger King. Tragically, Burger King screwed up my Whopper with bacon and cheese by putting mayonnaise on it. You may think that it's the other way around, that I screwed up my order. This is true if you don't qualify mayonnaise as "sauce". I bet they wouldn't have screwed up my Whopper in Gyeongju. There's totally a Burger King there, right?

Describing at length that Burger King screwed up my food, the painful dialogue I exchanged with some douchebag at the bar, how much nail polish I bought last time I was sad, which student has the most inappropriate nickname, and how my broken face has had surprisingly little effect on the number of fratboys that speak to me, is more or less what I do. Should my vapid, self absorbed, occasionally bitchy and possibly cynical examination of my life in Korea not quite be your cup of tea, peruse some of the other blogs that were nominated for The Golden Klog Awards. There are undoubtedly blogs much better than mine own that weren't even nominated, but The Klogs are a good place to start.

Much thanks to Zen Kimchi for the nomination, Diana for calling it to my attention, and Roboseyo for putting it all together.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. mayo on a burger. no wonder you were nominated.

Anonymous said...

one of the first things i learned to say in korean was "hold the mayo": "mai-yo-naise-uh bae-geo!" (bae-geo is sort of like saying "bagel" with out the "l")

invaluable

Brianltb said...

O Big White Barbie, would you like to be on our radio show Let's Talk Busan! this Friday afternoon (March 6)? We're looking for a few established Busan-based bloggers for a chat.

Big White Barbie said...

I'm not entirely sure how to contact you for more information, given that your profile doesn't contain any contact information.

If you catch this, feel free to email me : becca.minger @ gmail

Anonymous said...

You're in Korea yet you seem to eat Burger King every other day .. (or, excuse me .. is it everyday?) Seriously .. Get a life. I keep reading this blog because it's hilarious how ignorant you are. No Korean men want your ugly ass or your loud mouth I presume :P Korea doesn't want your fat, uncultured, ugliness.

Thank for going back to Canada (: