Sunday, October 4, 2009

Select Weekend Musings


  • Faces are hard. Don't hit them. Should you insist on hitting one, and it belongs to a drunk fellow, make sure that he stays down after you hit him. Otherwise, whoops.

  • A family holiday spent in the back of a packed bar, in the company of near-strangers, is roughly as unstimulating as I imagined it.

  • It's easy to make friends here. Making friends that not only accept every last neurotic characteristic I have to offer, but realize those are the things which make me Me? Less easy. It sucks when people leave.

  • I spent two years trying to redefine myself, only to realize that there was nothing wrong with the original definition. Regression or growth through acceptance? To be determined at a later date.

  • If I believed in that sort of thing, I'd be thankful to the guardian angels who were looking over me this past weekend. As it stands, I will just thank the stars instead.


Happy Chuseok.

2 comments:

Diana E.S. said...

"I spent two years trying to redefine myself, only to realize that there was nothing wrong with the original definition."

This is a fine thing to learn.

N said...

I'm still working on it myself... or at least trying to locate the original :P