Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Eclipses Are Exciting.

I've been a big old bag of crazy lately and it's been leaking out in the form of general crankiness. Boo hoo. It will pass. Apparently, so will the moon. Between the sun and the earth. Over Korea (and much of the rest of Asia, but who cares about them). Tomorrow, between 930 and 1130am. I'm just geeky enough that this snapped me out of my funk and gave me something to look forward to Wednesday morning, but only after I wondered why none of my students had mentioned it yet. Surely some of them are dweebs? Hopefully none of them stare directly at it, though I suspect that at least a few will.

I'm suddenly reminded of that episode of Heroes where the eclipse caused everybody to temporarily lose their superpowers. This resulted in several meaningless plot points, which ended with as much predictability as the writers could have possibly fathomed. In other words, it was just like every other episode of Heroes, but with an eclipse. Thank goodness for hiatus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your assessment of Heroes; reminds me of another show that wasn't big on plot, Lost.

At least the eclipse had a cool script and a big Star.

kissmykimchi said...

Heroes was so good and has fallen so far. I'm surprised the eclipse didn't eradicate all women on the planet since the show is such sexist tripe.

the clouds were too thick to see anything where i was, sadly!

Leena. said...

Big Black Barbie, stop blocking the sun with your fat ass. Thank you.