Monday, November 16, 2009

Korean Music is Not Compatible With Ecstasy

This has been the best Monday ever, and it's not even 2 pm yet. I almost want to go to bed and call it a day. It can only go downhill from here. There have been at least three great moments of quality what-the-Hell-just-happened for me so far today. This was just one. We were discussing anti-smoking regulations in one of my favourite classes this morning. It went something like this:


Barbie: Does anybody have any vocabulary questions from the article?

Sober Student: I just want to know... have you ever had marijuana.

Barbie: That's not... okay, yes. Yes, I have. Before coming to Korea. I quit a few months before arriving. This is less of a big deal where I come from.

Sober Student: What does marijuana feel like?

Not Sober Student: Marijuana is too soft! Like cigarettes.

Barbie: Like cigarettes?

Not Sober Student: Yes. Too soft.

Barbie: You're clearly not getting the right stuff.

Not Sober Student: Ecstasy is better. Marijuana, cigarettes, too soft. But ecstasy is good.

Sober Student: Barbie, have you...

Barbie: No. I haven't. I -

Not Sober Student: Ecstasy is good, but no good with Korean music. Korean music, too slow. Korean music and ecstasy are not compatible.


The class just moved on with the lesson at that point, because really, what more was there to say?



5 comments:

Diana E.S. said...

This made my week.

corytimbits said...

You know what's crazy about your that? One of the other students in your class might rat you out to your director and they'll call you junkie.

By the way, I live in Busan and if you ever want to have a conversation about "The Wire" over a cup of coffee at Starbucks, just let me know.

Cory Mtthew Timmons (feel free to add me to facebook)

Charles Montgomery said...

Word to what corytimbits said...

deny everything..

Anonymous said...

Wow, your parents must be so proud of having their very own posterchild for the typical classless American young woman. Yeah, it's pretty obvious you're American. FAIL.

Anonymous said...

In regards to the last comment... wtf? Since when is honesty classless? Btw, the writer of this blog is not American. FAIL.